The Cheetah Girls 2, a television movie, is the sequel to the Disney Channel Original Movie The Cheetah Girls, starring Raven-Symoné, Adrienne Bailon, Kiely Williams, and Sabrina Bryan.
The sequel is about a talented teen quartet who take a whirlwind tour of the Catalonian capital to pursue their dreams of pop superstardom. Actresses Lynn Whitfield (The Josephine Baker Story) and Lori Alter return as the Cheetah Girls' protective mothers, and popular Mexican singer/actress Belinda is introduced in her first English-speaking role as a would-be rival to The Cheetah Girls. Kenny Ortega (High School Musical) directs the movie and co-choreographs the movie with Charles Klapow (High School Musical) and English choreographer Paul Harris (Entrapment) who was brought in for the Tango sequence. Raven-Symoné also is an executive producer on this movie.
The movie begins in Manhattan, New York, where the Cheetah Girls are performing "The Party's Just Begun" at a Graduation Party for the Manhattan Magnet's class of 2006, and The Cheetah's who are just ending junior year. Chanel and her mother [Juanita] are planning to go to Barcelona, Spain to meet Juanita's boyfriend Luc, for a month of their summer break. Chanel is bummed and does not want to see Luc but the other girls are psyched and want to explore Barcelona. Aqua sees a shooting star later at night and then she and the rest of the girls find an ad for a music festival held in Barcelona. Galleria signs up the Cheetah Girls and the next day, Dorothea, Juanita, and The Cheetah Girls all end up at Luc's European villa. Everyone else but Chanel thinks that Luc is the perfect man for her mom, and she refuses to let him into the family. After the girls shopping spree ended, they meet Angel, a mysterious guitar player who accompanies them around Barcelona.("Strut") The girls audition for the festival and are accepted. The Cheetah Girls are introduced to Joaquin, a handsome dancer who begins to make a romantic relationship with Dorinda. Joaquin takes the Cheetahs to the Dancing Cat, a Spanish night club where all the new artists perform their songs. There they meet Spanish pop artist Marisol,(Belinda) who is also in the Music Festival and her manager/mother, Lola. ("Why Wait") Lola plans a scheme to get the Cheetah Girls to break up, as they are endangering her daughter's chance to win the competition and she wants Chanel to sing with her. ("A La Nanita Nana")Galleria notices that everyone is getting involved in other activities except for her, and decides to just go home because she's the only focused person.(It's Over") While at a train station, the other three girls find Galleria and sing "Amigas Cheetahs", the song she wrote. Galleria finally gives in and says she will only come back if they stay focused. They do a song that shows just how focused they are. ("Step Up")Juanita believes that Luc doesn't want to marry her because Chanel doesn't like him. Luc later proposes to Juanita and she gladly accepts. Luc tells Chanel that she can stay in New York for her upcoming senior year. Later, the girls perform at the Dancing Cat, but then something goes wrong. Lola gets the Dancing Cat's manager to give the Cheetah Girls money for their performance. According to the competition rules, it's only for amateurs, which the Cheetahs are not, since they accepted the money. Angel, who is present during the entire exchange investigates what actually happens. Upon discovering the truth, he informs his uncle, the Festival Director who reinstates the Cheetahs in the competition. As her mother protests this decision, Marisol stands up to her and quits. The grand finale ("Amigas Cheetahs") ends the competition, and the movie as the Cheetahs sing out and call the principal musical, singing, and dancing performers to the stage. The winner of the competition is never revealed, but the audience is led to believe it is the Cheetahs,(In the book the winner is the Cheetah Girls) however most of the movie's ending sequence leaves plenty of room for another sequel.
* Raven-Symoné .... Galleria Garibaldi, also known as Bubbles
* Adrienne Bailon .... Chanel Simmons, also known as Chuchie
* Sabrina Bryan .... Dorinda Thomas, also known as Do (Do Re Mi)
* Kiely Williams .... Aquanette Walker, also known as Aqua
* Belinda Peregrín... Marisol Durán
* Lynn Whitfield .... Dorothea Garibaldi
* Lori Alter .... Juanita Simmons
* Kim Manning .... Lola Durán
* Golan Yosef .... Joaquin
* Peter Vives .... Angel
* Abel Folk .... Luc
* The movie premiered on August 25, 2006 at 8:00 p.m. EDT on the Disney Channel in the United States. It was the 3rd So Hot Summer Disney Channel Original Movie for 2006.
o A pop-up version of the movie, with on-screen text boxes with notes and trivia, aired on November 25, 2006.
* Flag of Canada It first aired in Canada on September 1, 2006 at 7:30 p.m. EDT on the Family Channel.
* Flag of United Kingdom Its first airing in the UK was September 29, 2006 at 6:00 p.m. BST.
* Flag of Italy The Italian-language dub premiered on the Italian Disney Channel on December 2, 2006 at 3:00 p.m. CET.
* Flag of Mexico Flag of Argentina It premiered in Mexico and Argentina on December 3, 2006 at 10:00 p.m. local time (UTC-6 and UTC-3, respectively) on Disney Channel Latin America.
o Sing-along version aired December 8, 2006 at 9:00 p.m. local times.
* Flag of Republic of China It premiered in Taiwan on December 8, 2006 at 7:30 p.m. Taiwan Time on Disney Channel Taiwan.
* Flag of South Africa It premiered on Disney Channel South Africa on December 9, 2006 at 7:00 p.m. SAST.
* Flag of Poland It premiered in Poland on December 9, 2006 at 7:00 p.m.
* Flag of Brazil It first aired in Brazil on December 10, 2006 at 10:00 p.m. (UTC-3).
* Flag of France Flag of Belgium It premiered on Disney Channel France, which also serves Belgium, on December 19, 2006 at 8:00 p.m. CET.
* Flag of Japan It premiered in Japan on January 1, 2007 at 8:00 p.m. JST on Disney Channel Japan.
o Sing-along version premiered January 1, 2007 at 10:30 p.m. JST.
* Flag of Brunei Flag of Cambodia Flag of Hong Kong Flag of Indonesia Flag of South Korea Flag of Malaysia Flag of Palau Flag of Philippines Flag of Singapore Flag of Thailand Flag of Vietnam It premiered in Brunei, Cambodia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, Republic of Palau, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam on January 27, 2007 and January 28, 2007 at 7:30 p.m. (HKT, MST, PST, SGT, et al) on Disney Channel Asia. On January 28, it will air back-to-back with the That's so Raven 100th episode and That's so Suite Life of Hannah Montana. Part of the Cheetahlicious Weekend.
* Flag of Australia It premiered on January 28, 2007 at 6:30 p.m. ACST on Disney Channel Australia.
* Flag of United States Flag of Canada The Cheetah Girls 2: Cheetah-Licious Edition was released on November 28, 2006. The Region 1 DVD includes Spanish audio tracks
The Cheetah Girls 2,